A downloadable mod for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- in Rust programming language
- rendering on GPUs
It uses the original resources and provide ways to convert to/from conventional resource formats.
So far, the focus in development has been put on the rendering side, with many different techniques tried out. See https://vange.rs/
Pick the archive for your platform of choice. It contains 3 things:
- executables: "road" is the actual game, other executable are viewers and tools.
- shaders, which are the data read at run-time to be ran on GPUs
The archives do not carry resources from the original game (!), but these resources are required in order to run anything.
Here are the steps needed to run the game:
- Unpack the archive
- Copy "config/settings.template.ron" into "config/settings.ron"
- Set the `data_path` to the resources of the original game
- (on Unix systems) mark "road" as an executable
- Run from the working folder of the unpacked archive
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.